Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Settling in New Mexico

The last two days have been an adventure. We left on Monday morning, 8AM, after loading everything in the trunk and back seat. Dad and I took turns driving through the California Valley, the Mojave Desert, Arizona, and finally New Mexico. As we climbed elevation there was snow on the ground. The only food I trusted was Subway, which I had two days in a row.

Today, we met up with Amber (my future landlady) and her daughter, Dustin. They were very friendly and in the process of remodeling and moving furniture out. I unloaded my luggage and we will stay a night near the Balloon Fiesta Park and closer to Sandia Peaks.

My room(s) are really lovely, and painted, and it is really everything I could ask for. I can't believe how quickly I found the place and really thank God for having everything work out. I feel comfortable with the ladies and the neighborhood.. and look forward to exploring more.

We did some exploring today, and literally 1 mile away from the home I am living there are the following: Costco, Albertson's, Smiths, Walmart, Target, Lowes, Kohls, 2 Fabric stores, innumerable eateries, and a mall! However, the neighborhood is very quiet and what is neat is that the bike trail starts just one street over!

Life here seems a bit different, and I know it will take some adjusting to from living in California. I can't wait to meet more people, find a church community, and learn as much as I can about work. I also look forward to exploring the scenic areas near here. On my future wish list, I would love to have a camera because I can't borrow my dad's camera as easily anymore. Of course, I have much saving to do since I may have some more expenses in the future.

1 comment:

  1. You are truly a blessed tiger girl.
    Keep up with your spirit.

    ReplyDelete