Thursday, February 25, 2010

Settling in the Southwest

Today was the first day I moved into the home. Today, a lot of time was spent purchasing organizing bins, bath, and food items. My new furniture is a table which folds in half, a folding chair, and another clothing drawer for my seemingly endless amount of clothing. I was really happy with the price and the functionality... although I would love to have a matching furniture set the next thought scares me. If I had to move, I would not know what to do with things where I need more than one person to carry it, or it wouldn't fit in the car. However, I am exhausted from traveling and moving, and hope that I can stay here a long time before thinking about moving again.

In the past, it was so easy to pack and move, because I fit most of the necessary things in 2 bags. Since I don't know how long I would be here, I really wanted to bring the things I used often at home.

I've only been here a few days and I am already missing my home, my church, and my friends! I definitely feel spoiled because my dad has been helping me such as tagging along for shopping, showing me new outdoorsy places to explore, and setting up the wireless. We named the wireless network name as "Fremont" and the password is a big secret.

For this month, I am praying to quickly find a church community, some friends, and to work hard and improve quickly at my work. Although I do miss home, I quickly remember all the blessings that God has shown me and look forward to what the next month has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment