Thursday, May 28, 2009

New Jersey Roads

It's May and it is freezing outside! Also, there is a blanket of fog, which makes it even harder to navigate these roads. Thus, New Jersey drivers need to be more patient when driving behind me. I don't know why, but I get honked at almost everyday! This never happens when I am in California, except when I stall the car in the parking lot of something.

I decided to make a list of things about New Jersey roads that make me say, "Huh? What were they thinking?"

#1 Turnpike/Interstate/What is that?
Every road has a name, and a number. The number may stay the same, and the road name change. This becomes very confusing because I never know what people are talking about when they give me directions.

#2 Rotary
What is a rotary? What does it mean to take the second exit of the rotary? I am very baffled as well, and do not understand why these were implemented.

#3 Jersey Curbs
The only space between you and a mean, tall, concrete barrier, is nill. Car breaks down? Too bad! There is often no safety shoulder for you to flash your lights and get help. It's just a concrete wall that is high enough to block at the view from the other side of the freeway.

#4 Red lights on the interstate
You are going to 55mph, and then you hit a red light. Then another, then another... you get the picture. Sometimes it would take a longer time on the interstate than taking the backroads that only locals would know.

#5 Tolls
75 cents there, 3 dollars there, make sure you keep your change ready!

I can't wait to go exploring! I found out where the grocery store was, and now need to find a gas station, electronics store, and the park!

1 comment:

  1. The care package went out today included your favorite curry sauce mix which I learned it could help your cold and homesickness.

    ReplyDelete