Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Heading to Massachusettes

Last Friday, I headed out of work a little earlier, and set off on my drive. I picked the round a bout route, away from NY, recalling from last year's experience of doing a lot of traffic sitting. There was one toll to pay, and a lot of repaving work going on after the winter and rains. The drive wasn't bad, but I had not enough cuisine to select from. It seemed like there were only McDonald's at each stop, with gas prices higher than what I would get around my town.

It took only 4.5 hours to reach there, and I got to Aunt Crystal's house earlier than expected! The kiddies introduced me to their new pets: 2 hamsters and a gerbil. They were super cute, and had distinctive personalities. Unfortunately, that weekend, the hamster Humphrey died, so we had a pet burial for him.
We did some hiking in the woods, and it was the best time of the year to go, because it isn't mosquito season yet. Deer flies, I heard were present, but they were not to be seen on our hiking trip. That weekend I had a lot of cider (which I love, and have been looking fiercely for it ever since) and fun with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment