Wednesday, March 3, 2010

First Days of Work

My first two days of work, consisted of not much work. We were required to attend an orientation, which was attended mostly by new employees who professors' signatures were still drying on their thesis work. The general consensus of every new and rehire was that they were thankful to be considered in this economy.

After doing the required training and work papers, I met up with one of the senior engineers in my group, who I will probably rely on mostly for guidance on how to be not only a technically strong, resourceful engineer, but a good one that will respect other people's time and not bother them when they are on their day off.

I've been very excited and restless after doing web based training the first days, and will be looking forward to start my hands on training tomorrow. Today was given off for me, and I will be working an interesting shift schedule from Thursday to Saturday. I specifically asked for Sunday off so I could go to church.. which was great they accommodated that. It may be difficult for me to recruit people to do things with, especially from Monday to Wednesday. My schedule won't be like this too long hopefully, but I'm thinking I should try and take advantage of it and possibly do some traveling!

Today with my day off I went for a run along the arroyos for about 30 minutes, and was trying to find a backroute, away from the main road so I can find a good route to do bike commuting. However, after about 15 minutes I wasn't used to the cold air or altitude, and it was really exhausting. My other plan for today is to do some cooking and shopping, but I was surprised to get started on this schedule already. I can't wait to do some hands on work later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment