Sunday, March 7, 2010

First Week of Work!

After my break on Wednesday, I came in first thing on Thursday to receive my laptop, and take care of setting up direct deposit, and complete some other of my online forms. In the same class with my was another person in my hire group, who I found had to drive from Indiana all the way to start a new life here. He just recently completed his PhD dissertation, and remarked how blessed and lucky he was to be considered for a job here and the only two companies that hired from his school were ExxonMobil and my company. It is a stark contrast between the projects most of them have worked on, which was renewable energy such as solar cells, bio-fuels, and fuel cells.

After receiving my laptop, a member from my group was assigned to show me how to put on a gown. Since I have already done it once, I knew what to expect, but it was still a time consuming process. At first, the bunny suits made me overheat and sweat, and I felt my face being irritated from the fabric.. but now I am used to it and can wear it for a whole work day without it really bothering me. Since with the suits you can only see people's eyes and nose, I only recognize people by they eyes and nose! When I see my co-workers in street clothes, what is funny is that I have difficulty recognizing who they are.

I have been learning so much, this week seem to last more like two weeks. Currently, my weekend will be from Sunday to Wednesday, and I am looking forward to having a slower paced, relaxing weekend so I can be ready for the next work week of 12 hour days.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a burqa. Do you get to choose the color?

    ReplyDelete